Tuesday, November 15, 2005

IT band blues

Physical Therapy today made it official that it's pretty much impossible for me to run the Half Marathon this year. Ugh. My knee has been horribly sore since running on Saturday and I didn't even make it over two miles. My therapist said I'll be lucky to get back to running in 3-4 months. I was also told not to bike for at least two weeks (which sucks since it's nice and sunny out).

I guess I'm done for the year and I'll start looking ahead to the Whidbey Island Half Marathon in April. Depending on how therapy goes I *might* be ready then. Whoever thought a stupid piece of connective tissue could cause so many problems...geez. I guess this will be a nice time to work on swimming for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. After 2 months of training for the Disney Marathon, I have been diagnosed with a stress fracture in my right leg. I have been wearing a brace/boot for 3 weeks and I have one more week to go. I may be able to walk the marathon. :(