Saturday, January 14, 2006

Beware large cargo planes with propellers...

I went out for my first ride today since the crash two weekends ago and it was certainly memorable. I started out on a team ride but had some instability in my wrist so went home, wrapped it up, and headed back out to do the south lake loop on my own.

I turned into the Renton airport and was cruising along, enjoying my ride, and checking out this very large military cargo plane parked along the fence with all four propellers going. Yeah, those of you who are smart are probably thinking 'oh no'. I don't know what I was thinking about, but it certainly wasn't the amount of force those propellers put out. So in a matter of seconds I was engulfed in gale force winds, desperately trying not to fall over, all while continuously bouncing into the curb. How I didn't fall is beyond me but the worst part of the whole ordeal was the look on the faces of the airport workers who were standing next to the plane. They were all bent over laughing, probably thinking, 'what an idiot!'.

And the moral of the story is:
Beware large cargo planes with propellers. They are not bike-friendly.

No comments: