Sunday, March 11, 2007

Kickin' it in Miami

I just got to Miami late last night for a work-related customer conference. The vendor's conference here last year was so good there was no way I was missing it this year. I even convinced Marcus to come along with me this time. We got in a day early so we could have some vacation time and enjoy the nice warm 80-degree weather. The cat is with a friend, the dog is living it up at the Bone-a-fide dog ranch in Snohomish and the house is well....not around! Awesome!

I can't say the flight down was the best. We flew Delta and the crew was pretty lazy to say the least. We didn't even get any service until nearly two hours into the four hour flight. We transferred to another plane in Atlanta that smelled like pee, then sat there for nearly an hour due to a fuel paperwork snaffu. We finally hit the landing strip at Miami around 1am hard enough to wake the entire city. Yup...that kinda flight.

The hotel here is super nice, the weather is gorgeous, and the view is awesome. I'll take a few pics in the morning and post 'em. The weather here sure beats the Pineapple Express storm hitting Seattle right now. I am a little sad I didn't get to race this weekend, but hey, I'll be back next weekend!

No comments: