Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Excitement

Frustration with Saturday's Tiger jog turned to excitement today. I think I'm making progress in healing the IT band and just pushed it a little too hard. I was able to go out today and run nearly a mile, which is a huge accomplishment! Of course it wasn't all at once, but it was still a breakthrough. I have a routine of jogging a few blocks, then walking, then jogging, etc. I made it further today and felt better than I have in a long, long time. PT just reaffirmed that I can't really do hills right now, so I'm keeping it flat for a while.

I rode Mercer Island last night and had the strongest ride I've had in a while as well. My hip still fatigues towards the end, but I'm able to push it much harder now and I feel like my limiter is my cardio, which is expected. All I need to do is start hitting the training and I might actually be back in action for cross! Woohoo!

It feels awesome to be biking again and if I can get my running going, I may make a return to triathlons. It was so awesome to run today and I had this huge smile on my face. What a dork eh? I'm set for a return to Headquarters tomorrow, which should kick my ass and really get me back in shape. Can't wait!

No comments: