Saturday, February 16, 2008

Boarding rocks again

Finally made it to Alpental tonight and it was awesome. At first we were pretty worried since it was raining most of the way, but once we got there it turned to snow and the conditions weren't too bad at all. I think the rain scared people away because the slopes were practically empty.

For a while I got pretty frustrated tonight. There's only so many times I can do the same beginner run over and over before it gets dull. I kept struggling with toe-side turns, so after getting some instruction from Eric I finally started to get it. He then convinced me to do the BIG run there. I'm not sure if it's a black diamond run or a blue run, but it's by far the biggest, steepest, longest run I've done yet.

I nearly had a heart attack going up the lift, but it turned out not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I even nailed a pretty sweet heel to toe transition turn at the end - woo! I found out what it feels like to slide on your ass for about 20 seconds, but I survived. I can't believe how badly that run hammered my legs! It was really fun though and I'll definitely be hitting it next time. No more St Bernard beginner's run for me!

I'm off to bed so I can hit Philip Arnold in the AM with the brand new Kona. Can't wait!

No comments: