Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lethargy

I've definitely been a bit lethargic with the blog updates lately eh? I've been pretty focused the last week or so on a big work project. It's fucking cool and probably the best project I've worked on in years. Sounds like a press release is imminent and the deadline is quickly approaching, so I really need to slamdunk it. No pressure! :)

I picked up a little head cold that sidelined me for about a week from everything but work. Last night I hit Headquarters for the first time in 2 weeks and I swear my workout wasn't that hard before. Damn. I'll be hurting this week for sure.

Running is going well. I got back on it this week and I've found that as long as I keep my pace no faster than 9-min miles, I do ok for about 2 miles or so. Much faster than that and the IT band starts to get a bit tight. Sometimes the pace frustrates me. I used to run 7:30 no sweat, but I have to constantly remind myself that I'm making progress. A few months ago I couldn't run faster than 11-min miles and for the last three years I haven't managed much more than a run around the block. I'm not so sure about my chances to qualify for Boston next year. For a while I was hesitantly optimistic, but now I'm not so sure. We'll just take it day by day and see how it goes. One thing is for sure, I'm training up for a Half Iron next year. Kick-ass!

Now I just need to kick this stupid patellar tendinitis in my left knee and I'll be golden. Can you believe that I've been banned from bowling but allowed to run? Bowling is ripping me up these days. My right wrist is still half-broken from a bike crash two years ago, so I can't grip the ball anymore. My sliding foot is the left, so my tendinitis is enduring deep knee bends all night long, which hurts like hell. And my broken left thumb causes problems just standing on the approach trying to hold the damn ball. Geez. Don't tell anyone I'm trying to bowl Thursday.

No comments: