Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Lovin' the scoot!

Last week I rode my little Aprilia everywhere: back and forth across 520, up to Edmonds, over to Ballard, and all over downtown and Capital Hill. I logged 150 miles with $8.00 worth of gas and parking is a no-brainer. Sweet! I just topped off the tank today and plan to ride it pretty much exclusively this week too. My Golf is getting dusty these days. If you're in the market for a great little scoot, check out the SportCity!

I had a great Labor Day weekend! Somehow I managed to not make it to a single BBQ or the Labor Day Cyclocross Championships, which I really had planned to do, but there was just too much happening and not enough time, so sorry I didn't make it folks! Saturday I actually hit the road bike for the first time in weeks and then motored over to Majestic Bay to watch the crazy Momma Mia movie. Hysterical, not to mention I had ABBA in my head all night. Definitely give this movie a viewing if you haven't seen it. Live entertainment!!

Sunday was Bumbershoot day and I hit the main stage mostly to check out the Keys and STP. The Keys had an amazing show and rocked their set. For just two members, they are incredible. STP played a mostly rockin' set, but as I expected weren't without some drama. They started the night 30 minutes behind schedule, likely due to Weiland drama I'm sure. They pretty much played everything I would have expected and wanted to hear, rocked out some songs, mostly salvaged lyrics and weren't too off beat, but just seemed uninspired. At one point Weiland said to the crowd: "Please don't throw beer cans up here. I'm not much in the mood for beer." Really? You don't say.

Sunday I took mom out for her first sushi experience at Blue C Sushi and then we hit the Aveda spa for some manicures and pedicures. Ahh, nothing like closing out the Labor Day weekend with some pampering. And now the weather is improving so I can bust out the sandals to show off my pretty painted toes :)

No comments: