Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The baby is here!

After careful consideration last week I decided to go back to Center Cycle and get the Ruby Comp. I figured a $600 savings was more worthwhile than Ultegra components. The Comp and the Expert are the same frame, just slightly different wheels and components. Enough people on Zoka said the component difference wasn't worth the price difference and I agree, so, I have a new bike!!

I picked it up last Thursday and then rode for four days in a row...haha! My legs were shot by Sunday. This bike is awesome! It takes SOOO much less effort to move it compared to the Giant and it has an unbelievably smooth ride. I can't wait to race it! I'll post some pictures shortly.

Marcus finally got the jet skiis licensed yesterday and we took them out for a few hours last night. It was a blast! Lake Washington is so warm it feels like bath water. I rode around for a while just sitting on the ski until my feet started hurting, then I made over 100 bad attempts to stand up and get balance, drinking half the lake in the process. I finally was able to get up and stay up for a few runs.

In case you're wondering, Marcus has the stand-up jet skiis, not the sit-down kind. He's awesome at them but I have a hard time getting going. Once you're standing and going it's not too difficult to keep going as long as you go fast. The difficulty is that transition from sitting to standing. The faster you go the more stability the ski has, but it takes a while to find a sweet spot that lets you get up and running without totally wiping out. One of these days I have to find a way to get pictures of this...haha.

No comments: