Thursday, July 06, 2006

Long time no blog

Whew has it been a busy two weeks! I've been hitting the gym, running, biking, driving to California, watching the Tour, and putting in excessive hours at work. Who said management would come with extra responsibilities? Geez...

I got to meet up with Dad & Diana at Mt Shasta last weekend to enjoy some hiking and downtime, which was nice! We did some light hiking (nothing over 5 miles) and my knee continued to surprise me by holding up well and not giving me any difficulties. I even managed to do a pretty steep, edgy, rocky trail with little difficulty -- saweet! I'll post some pics of the trip shortly.

I'm off to race at PR tonight - yay! I'm so excited the series is back on for two weeks. It's been really weird not racing for a while. I'm also gearing up for the Ravensdale RR on Sunday, which will be the first road race I've done since the Enumclaw Stage Race. I'm a tad stressed about the 20% grade, but at least my bike team has confirmed that walking up the hill is allowed. I'm betting I can run up it faster than most people can bike. Someone on our team sent me a picture of the pros walking up the Koppenberg. At least this climb isn't on cobblestone.

Alright, I gotta run to PR and hopefully we'll see if my training is paying off.

No comments: