Monday, July 31, 2006

Getting my ass kicked

Unfortunately I decided not to race the Silverdale crit yesterday as the weather wasn't looking so great. Turns out it was a good decision as it started raining 10-15 minutes before the men's races. Thank goodness I'm finally back to racing this week. The Thursday PR series is back on and the 2nd Lake WA Velo race is this Saturday. I've been dying to race with the new bike. Already I feel like I can ride faster and easier on this bike than the old one -- I can't wait!

I was finally feeling pretty tired last week and I didn't run, ride, or workout for four days and now I'm all better :) I go 200% for a few months at a time then finally have to take a few days off every once in a while when I drop dead. Last week was that week I think.

I just kicked off my new and improved training program and spent the weekend at the gym getting my ass kicked. Joe started me on my new leg workout Sunday and is pushing me pretty hard. Today I did my chest/back workout and after three days in a row in the gym I feel pretty sore. I can bench press 60-lbs now at 15 reps -- woo! I was doing roman chair leg raises on Saturday and Joe said, "Stop...you're not doing those like that anymore." Then he brought over a 15 lb weight and made me grab the weight with my feet and continue. Man does that suck! Six-pack here I come...

My mom is flying in on Wednesday from Indiana so Marcus and I have been trying to put the house together so she doesn't walk in and instantly leave. Haha! One of Marcus' friends called the house 'unbelievable' and I don't think it was in a good way. We cleaned a ton and it actually looks pretty nice now. Having the basement cleaned up and seeing the progress we've made is exciting. All I have to do is finish the bathroom tile tonight, then I'll post some pictures.

I'm getting ready to start running again for real this time. I signed up for Escape from the Rock in September so hopefully I'll be ready. I also need to start getting in the lake and swimming. I think I'm targeting Dec/Jan to try a qualifying marathon for the Boston Marathon. I'll probably do either the Las Vegas Marathon in December or the PF Chang's Marathon in Arizona in January. We'll see how this new endeavor goes...

No comments: