Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hard work pays off!

I headed south last Sunday for the 10-mile Gear Push TT. Back in March I did the IceBreaker TT on the exact same course and had a slow 32:08 time. This time the weather was much nicer, there was little wind, and I have a new bike and a season of racing under my belt. I still wasn't sure what to expect since time trialing isn't my forte, but I very happily cut nearly three minutes off my March time and finished in 29:19. Yay!

It's still not a horribly fantastic time, but I'm getting there! Back in March I was nearly five minutes from being competitive. In April I did a 12-mi TT on nearly the same course in 35:26 and was about three and a half minutes from competitive. I was slightly disappointed that on Sunday I didn't really average a much faster speed than back in April, but this time I was only two minutes from competitive. I keep getting closer every time! If I get some aero bars and keep riding maybe next year I'll do decently in time trials. The good news is that I definitely improved!

Unfortunately I came down with a bit of sinus infection this week so I've been on the down low the last few days. I started feeling better today and was able to hop in the lake after work for a quick swim. My form is progressing and I was able to swim much farther today, probably because the lake was so calm.

Now it's time to get back in the gym after a few days off. Here comes the pain...

No comments: