Monday, October 23, 2006

The Monster Rocks

I spent an hour in the Wizards of the Coast parking lot doing figure 8s on the Monster. I was scared as hell and riding pretty sketchy when I first started. After a few laps I was going faster, relaxing, and getting smoother with the clutch and throttle.

I'm sure everyone was entertained watching me weave around the little islands in the parking lot. I prayed I didn't drop the bike since I'm sure I had tons of co-workers watching from across the street.

After a while I started getting my confidence back and since it was getting late decided to head home. The ride home was awesome fun! I did great, felt good, and even handled someone pulling out right in front of me. Some guy on an R6 stopped next to me in Renton at a light and tried to start up a conversation. Unfortunately my bike is so loud all I could do was smile and wave. Haha!

The construction crew on the corner that helped me when I crashed waved enthusiastically and gave me a thumb's up when I cruised by. How embarassing! I feel much better now and I think if I continue riding back and forth to work and doing drills in the parking lot there I'll be just fine. Saweet!

No comments: