Thursday, June 28, 2007

Never bike on a massage day!

My knees have been a bit sore this week from running, which is pretty typical for me. They should ease up after a few more runs. Yesterday I completed a 3-miler, which is the longest I've run in probably 2 years. Scary. My shins got a bit tight and complainy but they loosened up halfway through and I felt pretty good at the end.

Yesterday afternoon I had massage therapy with Laurel -- she's the best! She could tell my legs were a little hammered from running so she worked on them but tried to take it easy since I told her I was planning on biking later. Ugh...bad idea! Marcus and I met JoAnne on our team for a little flyer around Mercer Island and I was practically crippled the second I got on the bike.

My knees were so sore I could barely climb so JoAnne pulled us all the way around the island, which was awesome. By the time I went to bed last night my entire lower body was debilitated. One knee is still sore today but my butt is killing me! Laurel worked on my glutes so I'm guessing that's the culprit. I may turn my run into a walk today and rest up. I woke up with a sore throat anyway and I'm not feeling so great so time for some magical herbal tea.

No comments: