Tuesday, June 26, 2007

So far so good...

...the running is going pretty well so far. I'm now allowed to skip the 30/30 routine (thank goodness) and start running between 1.5-3 miles a few times a week. I'll be doing this for a few weeks and seeing how it goes. Today I have a big whopping 1.5-mi run on the schedule. Woohoo!

I ended up having a very lazy weekend and didn't travel for the Boston Harbor race. Part of me wishes I had, but I certainly don't regret it. I guess the roads were pretty slick, the field was small, and spending a day doing some things besides racing was rather nice. I'm gearing up for the Des Moines crit this Sunday and possibly the Capital Crit on Saturday if the weather holds. I'm definitely down for Matava and Derby Days and then it's off to Eugene for the Co-Motion tandem stage race. That should be a blast!

Believe it or not, here I am fretting about the rest of the race season and as it turns out, there's really not much left! It dawned on me that once I get back from Eugene the only races left are Volunteer Park, the Velo series, the State TTT, Crystal, and Seward. Can that be right? Wow.

I guess it's perfect timing really. I'll finish up the season best I can and by August I should be running more mileage. I'll get a nice break and then cross picks up. Perfect!!

No comments: