Sunday, October 07, 2007

An early Halloween

I spent my Saturday afternoon at St Edwards Park for the Crosstoberfest relay race. We had some trouble finding a 3rd Zoka teammate to round out our team, so Z talked his friend Levi into it pretty last minute. None of us had too much time to costume plan so we decided to go totally thrift store and just throw on some crazy clothes. The result was awesome! I picked up these groovy pants at Red Light in Capitol Hill. They're so smokin' I think I might have to wear them to work one day!

Each of us had to do one lap on the course, then chug a beer before the next person could take off. I'm never going to live down my horrible beer chug. I pulled in barely able to breathe after a hard effort on the course and couldn't get the beer down! It was too funny. I guess I need to practice for next year! Z did a great job downing his beer despite the distraction of Nathan's costume, which was well ... ballsy. Haha!

The relay was tons of fun and the course was a blast. After racing a lap I wish I had stuck with my original plan to race the 9:30 Women's Cat 4 race as well, but when my alarm went off at 7 I decided some extra sleep sounded a little better. As it turns out, a bunch of the women's field got stung by bees, so maybe it was a good decision after all. I'll be gearing up for the next SCC race at Evergreen and healing my shoulder from a little too close of an encounter with a tree :)

No comments: