Wednesday, October 10, 2007

SoCal cyclocross here I come!

I think I might finally have my little Thanksgiving getaway planned. I have a friend in Sacramento that I've been wanting to visit, so I'm planning to drive down to LA and make a stop in Sacramento. Of course, he doesn't know this yet so I probably better tell him :) Let's just hope the weather treats me better this time. Last time I drove to LA I did it around Christmas a few years ago and ended up stuck when Siskiyou pass was closed due to bad weather. That was a fun time!

As an added bonus I found out that SoCal has a cyclocross series and they have a race on Sunday, Nov 18th near Redondo Beach, so...I'm going to pack up the bikes and head out of town in time to hit the SoCal race. I did some research and the course features sand, loose gravel, and a challenging 70m runup on...you guessed it...sand. I found this course description on cyclingnews.com: "The technical and demanding course took its toll as running was reduced to walking on the sandy, steep hill. Hairpin turns in the sand and gravel added to the excitement as riders and their skills were put to the test."

Wow. It's a nightmare come true for me! Should be fun! While I'm there I plan to take advantage of the weather and do some road training as well. I'm stoked!

No comments: