Thursday, October 04, 2007

Guys are funny

I was just reading the Seattle Cyclocross forum and there's this very long thread going about sandbagging in the men's fields. Some guy is complaining that someone won by 30 secs, so they should be forced to upgrade and more people have chimed in with their 2 cents. I think all the talk is rather funny if you ask me. Look at the women. We're out there racing and having a blast while the guys are all whining about their competition.

Sometimes I think the tables should be turned and the guys should only have a choice of racing in two fields like the women. We get two choices: Cat 4 or Cat 1/2/3. Well, *technically* I guess we have single speed and masters too. Imagine if the guys had to race that way. Maybe it would put it in perspective. Seriously guys, you have like 20 categories to choose from! Give me a break. People talk about women's racing being catty but honestly, I think the guys are so much worse. It cracks me up.

And yes, the turnout for women's racing isn't nearly as large as men's, but our fields are growing. I'd still like to see men stuck with two categories. Imagine the drama. I'll quote a teammates' tattoo: "Shut up and ride!"

No comments: