Saturday, January 12, 2008

The secret is out.

Now that it's finally a done deal, I can announce my big news: a new job! Friday the 18th will be my last day working for Classmates.com, which seems really weird since I've been there nearly four years. I'm really going to miss my team and everyone I worked with, but the time had come for me to look around for new opportunities and challenges.

I accepted a position at Intava, a Bellevue-based company that specializes in awesome retail touch-screen systems. They use Flash as a framework and do things with it that are amazing. I worked extensively with Flash years ago, but I'm a few years out of the loop. There's been so many new developments that I've got my work cut out for me to get back up to speed. I will be leading the front end Flash team there and will also have responsibility for keeping projects on task, under budget, and properly resourced.

I'm extremely excited about the opportunity and the challenges I'll have. I'm so familiar with Classmates that I'm pretty stressed out about starting somewhere new, but I know I'll get ramped up and running in no time. I love learning new things and I can't wait to get started. I do have to say, I'm not ecstatic about the Bellevue commute, but from Leschi it shouldn't be that bad. At least the bus will be much easier to take there than to Renton and I just got my bus pass so I'm set!

I'll be flying to LA on Sunday the 20th and staying there for a week for some R&R, hopefully a bit of sunshine, and some mountain biking before starting at Intava on the 28th. Lots of change and exciting times are ahead!

1 comment:

Random Menace said...

Hey! Welcome to the neighborhood. Erik and I both work in downtown Bellevue, along with at least one another unidentified Zoka. Let me know if you want the rundown on bike commute routes. It's really not that bad from where you are, since it's pretty flat.