Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hello sunshine!

What's wrong with this sentence: "Today I flew out of rainy LA and returned to a beautifully sunny Seattle." Trust me, it's true.

On the way home I had one of those flights that are only reserved for people who don't fly well (like, myself!). You know the kind, right? Non-stop turbulence so bad that you can't even drink your water because you're afraid you might choke the next time you drop 500ft in about 2 seconds. Yeah, it was one of those. Good times!

So here's my funny story from yesterday....

My stepmom wanted to get a tragus piercing so we went together so I could offer support. I have two piercings in my left ear lobe and only one in the right, so I decided while I was there I'd finally get a quick second lobe piercing in my right ear. It was a snap, no problem, piece of cake. Then I decided I'd go ahead and add a third to my left ear. Why not, right? What I didn't realize was that it was pretty high up into the cartilage. When the needle went through I nearly shot off the table. Hands down, that's the most painful piercing I've ever had, which is ridiculous!

Diana had her tragus done, said it didn't hurt at all, and bragged all night about how she didn't even feel anything. Meanwhile, I ended up knocking down two margaritas, two Excedrin, and finally two Tylenol because my left ear hurt so freaking bad I considered lopping it off. It's finally a bit better today, but it still hurts. I can't even feel the second lobe piercing. I can most definitely say that I will NOT be getting that helix piercing I wanted. If ear cartilage hurts that bad, screw that.

I'm off for sea salt soaks and some relaxation before starting the new job tomorrow. Something tells me tomorrow is going to be a killer of a day.

No comments: