Thursday, January 24, 2008

Time to evaluate those cycling goals

This is definitely the year of not following my cycling training plan and to be perfectly honest, I'm actually not stressed about it. Don't get me wrong, I still love cycling, but I'm just not motivated to get on the bike right now. I've been doing the weekly CycleU Indoor TT and that's about all I feel like doing. I'm still staying active by hitting the gym and snowboarding like crazy, but I just haven't put in time on the bike. I think my last team ride was in October and I haven't ridden over 30 miles but maybe once or twice since then.

I'm a little disappointed because I enlisted Kristi Berg to help me out this year, but I think I need to sit down and really evaluate my cycling goals. The more I think about it the more interest I lose in road racing. With the new job starting next week I'm going to be swamped, so I'm just not sure how much time I'm going to be able to put into training. To be honest, I'm considering only doing 2-3 road races and just focusing on cross and mountain biking. Dirt is where it's at!! The thought of not training until mid-summer sounds fantastic!

No comments: