Wednesday, June 25, 2008

30 miles!

I never thought I'd actually write a blog entry to express my excitement about riding 30 miles, but here it is! Since starting physical therapy in May I haven't completed many rides, let alone any over 20 miles, so this was a big win yesterday! At the same time though, it was quite humbling.

I rode the Magnolia loop with Marcus, who is an incredibly strong rider. Once upon a time I could stick to his wheel like glue, but that's definitely not the case now. I can usually hang with him partway up a climb, then I'm blown and clunking at my own pace. It's frustrating to have lost so much of my climbing and sprinting ability, but I know it will come back eventually. I'm just happy to be able to ride again mostly pain-free.

My hip was pretty fatigued towards the end, but considering the race in Methow Sunday, all the base running I did Monday night in softball, and the ride yesterday, it held up pretty well. Maybe I'm finally back on track for racing AND the Boston Marathon!

No comments: