Saturday, November 01, 2008

Stolen Fuji Cross Pro

After many, many years of owning bikes, today I had my first tango with bike theft. I hit the Colonnade for a ride today and when I got back to the car, my Fuji Cross Pro had been stolen right off my locked T2 rack. I have no idea how someone managed to do it, but I can only guess they may have gotten the quick release off and somehow wiggled the bike off the front wheel. Who knows. I got that bike two years ago on our Zoka team deal and it was a fantastic buy.

I haven't done much cross this year because of injuries, but was planning to get back to a series race tomorrow and finish the season. Now I don't have a bike to race with, so I'm pretty f'in bummed. I guess I'll have to race cross on the Kona and pray that my Fuji turns up or my homeowner's insurance helps me out.

I filed a police report, sent email to the WSBA, posted on the seattlecyclocross forum and craig's list, and contacted all the local used bike shops. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it turns up, but I'm not holding out much hope. And of course, it's the one bike I don't have the serial number for. Drat. I miss my baby :(

Information Below:
Stolen Nov 1 between 12:30 - 3pm. My car was parked a block south of E Blaine and Lakeview near the Colonnade.

2006 49cm Fuji Cross Pro
Black/Silver/red striping
Shimano SPD pedals
Cateye type computer on handlebars (not working)
Michelin Mud tires

If you see it, please let me know, after you've pelted whoever is on it.


No comments: