Friday, September 15, 2006

Fatigue caused by exercise cured by....exercise?

Well, I didn't end up doing Escape from the Rock this year and I'm only a little sad about it. Usually I beat myself up if I skip a race I'm signed up for but this time it really didn't bother me. I usually have no trouble getting amped for races but I just couldn't get myself into it this year. I decided to just listen to my body and scratch it.

I'm not sure if I've been suffering from some sort of burnout but I have been absolutely dead and unmotivated since the Eugene Stage Race. I even had my doctor check me out to make sure I don't have the hypothyroidism problem I had before. A few years ago I was diagnosed with it and it started with just a general rundown, tired, fatigued feeling. It mysteriously went away and I quit taking the medication for it. Hopefully it's not back. Results pending...

I finally got back to the gym last night and I was convinced that after taking a little over a week off I would be hurting bad, but I surprisingly had the best leg workout I think I've ever had! I was dragging when I walked in but after a few minutes on the Precor I was feeling energized for the first time in days!

I was supposed to get back in this morning but unfortunately I fell prey to the cozy bed and just couldn't summon myself up at 6:45. Oh well. Maybe I'll head in tomorrow. It's a sure sign of Fall now since bowling started up last week. I'm off to league shortly...let's hope it goes better than last week. Taking the summer off combined with learning the shot at a new bowling alley doesn't do wonders for your average.

No comments: