Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Returning from death

I think I'm finally starting to energize and get back to my old self. I took a little 2-week athletic break and I'm finally falling back into the gym/running/biking routine.

Sunday was the first "Meet the Women's Teams" ride and it was the first time I had been on the bike since the Eugene Stage Race. It was sooo nice to ride again. The turnout was great and I was able to talk with a lot of gals about racing, answer their questions, learn a bit about them, and talk up the team. I'm hoping to see a few girls turn out for our Zoka team ride this coming Saturday. Unfortunately I can't make any more women's rides since cyclocross officially starts up this weekend and conflicts. Speaking of which....

...it's cross time! The first race in this Sunday and I don't have a clue what the hell I'm doing -- haha! Cross practice starts tonight at Marymoor and I'm heading over to suffer in the rain and hopefully learn how to mount and dismount from the bike while sliding down steep hills. If nothing else I'll get my crashing out of the way early. At least mud is soft.

On a side note, it looks like I've stepped into a new volunteer role to crusade for women's cycling. I have no idea what I'm getting into to. I volunteered to run the NWWC Women's Cycling race series next year. There's really not much to it. I just need to figure out the series races, coordinate with promoters, get sponsorship, swag, publicity, volunteers. Yeah, not much to it at all really.

No comments: