Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Good times at PR!

My plan for the season was to race with the guys at PR to build fitness. Well, PR hasn't worked out so well this season and now that I finally made it the season is nearly over. Oh well. I carpooled with Kathleen and we joked that we'd probably last 1/2 a lap in the men's 4/5 field.

Surpringly enough I lasted about 3 laps before finally getting dropped, which is cool. The course was on the S-curves and each lap I lost a little ground on the descent but made it up on the hill. I love hills! I wish I had brought my heart rate strap, I must have pushed 200 the first few laps. By lap 2 I had a serious metallic taste in my mouth and it wasn't soon after that I finally blew up. What a great workout though!

I soft-pedaled for a while and accidentally caught back on to the back of the men's 1/2/3 field. I figured that one out pretty quickly. That pace was wicked! I caught back onto the 4/5 field on a prime lap so that didn't last long and after about 40 mins I pulled out happy with the workout.

Kathleen was a great sport and hung on out there. Us Zoka ladies rock! I think racing with the guys is a great fitness builder. Hopefully over the next few weeks I can hang a little longer. Good times! Now it's time for bed...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: