Friday, July 13, 2007

Introducing the new addition...

I've realized lately that I really don't like commuting on my race bike or my rain bike. Sad isn't it? 4 bikes and no commuter? The race bike is just too expensive to leave chained up somewhere and I like to minimize the mileage. I used to commute on my Giant (the rain bike) but now that I've got a Polar Power system installed on it for winter training it's not worth the risk either. The mtn bike needs work and isn't such a practical city bike and the cross bike is...well, expensive and for cross!

Enter...the Univega! I found this kick-ass 1980s single speed Univega on Craig's List this week and just couldn't resist. It has red sparkly paint, red handlebar tape, and a red chain! How kick ass is that? It was listed as the "Hipster Machine"...no doubt!

I took her for a test spin and found out the hard way that momentum is your friend on a single speed. I had to get a running start to get up the hill by the house. This will be a great way to train and build some muscle! I get to ride her to work tomorrow - I'm stoked! Hopefully I can make it up the 405 flyover - haha! Everyone welcome my 5th family member!


No comments: