Sunday, July 08, 2007

I just want to race please!

My dad and stepmom flew in late Tuesday night for a couple day visit. They were supposed to watch me race at Matava but I still hadn't kicked the cold so we just watched from the sidelines. I guess the women's field was nearly 45 strong -- kick ass! We spent a few days hanging around town, taking the dog swimming, getting Diana's ear pierced, and looking for tattoo places for me to get my second tattoo. Thursday we spent a day in the San Juans, which was awesome.

I was completely convinced I'd be racing Derby Days but when Saturday morning came around I still wasn't feeling well. Usually I kick colds pretty quickly so this is getting annoying. I went for a while and watched some of the races but just got pissed off that I wasn't out there and left. Saturday night I had some teammates over for a Tour de France party, which was really fun. The dog did surprisingly well with so many people over. I was convinced he was going to have a heart attack he was so excited.

I'm just seriously bummed out right now about racing. I think it's been three weeks since I've been out there and it sucks. I missed Boston Harbor due to what I thought would be bad weather and it turned out not so bad. Now I've missed all the crits because of this damn cold and I love crits. I've done so little riding in the last three weeks I'm convinced I've lost all of my fitness. I haven't even been running. I was hoping to get back on schedule this week but this cold is still hanging on. Maybe I should see my doc and try to speed it along.

No comments: