Wednesday, July 25, 2007

PR race last night

I finally made it back to PR last night only to get my ass handed to me. It really sucks that more women don't show up for these races. When there's only 5 of you it makes it really difficult to have a fun, exciting race. Most of the time everyone just pacelines forever or one strong woman goes off the front and it's everyone for themselves.

My legs were pretty flat, probably from the weekend race, so I came up with this brilliant idea to attack on the 3rd or 4th lap out of boredom. Big mistake. I just burned myself up, then another gal countered, but I couldn't hop on her wheel. Everyone else hightailed it around and I couldn't hop on their wheels either and since that was the whole pack I was toast.

I think next time I'll race with the 4/5 men. At least there's enough people out there to make it interesting and you can hide in the pack :)

No comments: