Thursday, September 27, 2007

Kickin' this week

I'm trying to kick back a bit this week and give my body a bit of a rest, especially my knee. I still headed to Marymoor last night for a Kore Kross workout but just took it easy. The women had a great turnout, but the skill levels were so disparate that it became a little frustrating. I'm by no means an experienced cyclocrosser, but I can still mount, dismount, get over the barriers, and shoulder my bike. Several of the gals in the women's group were having a lot of difficulty and probably should have been in the beginner's group. There were too many bottlenecks and when you have to slow to a barely moving pace it's difficult to really get much out of the practice.

I think someone helping with the clinic mentioned that next week they will try to separate the women more, which I think will be beneficial for everyone. I took some easy laps on the course and tried to focus on my cornering, which really sucks. I need to improve a lot.

It's looking like the weather for this Sunday's Snohomish race is going to be wet so I'm trying to mentally prepare for a very muddy and slick course. I hear there are a lot of off-camber sections, and for some reason I have a big mental issue with off-camber, so it will be good practice. At least mud is soft!

This afternoon I'm doing the Headquarters-dog-bowling shuffle so hopefully I can get my gym workout in, grab the dog, and head to Edmonds all before 7. I finally bought a new ball last week so I better roll better than the 470 I rolled last week. Ugh. I won't digress into bowling speak to explain why...just take my word that it was warranted.

Oh yeah, and I have my appointment tomorrow at 4pm for tattoo #3! I can't wait!

No comments: