Sunday, September 30, 2007

Tat #3!

I'm starting to become a regular customer at the Kirkland Tattoo studio now. Friday afternoon I spent a bit over an hour getting tat #3 done and as usual, Kerry did a fantastic job.

As you can see from the pics, I had an armband done around my left bicep. Trying to get a picture was difficult so yes, in one picture it looks like my right arm, but it's a mirror. The design I have is inspired by artwork of Jose Posada, a well-known Mexican engraver and illustrator. Posada's best known works are his calaveras, which have become associated with Dias de los Muertos. I love how the design is a bit chaotic but still repetitious.

This tattoo definitely hurt more than the one on my neck. It wasn't too bad until Kerry started working on the inside of my arm, then it got irritating pretty quickly. The last little bit on the very inside was difficult, so I'm happy it wasn't bigger. All in all though, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I think the worst part was doing a team ride the morning after. The inside of my arm was extremely sore and every little bump in the road felt like murder. I'm so happy now that I didn't do this before StarCrossed!

I know my mom isn't a fan and is probably going to disown me. Sorry mom, but I love it!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very cool! You are getting to be such a pain junky! ;-)

grepgirl said...

If I keep this up, mom is never going to speak to me again. I guess I shouldn't tell her about the plan for tat #4....