Friday, November 30, 2007

Epic mud here we come!

I'm stoked!!! I'm getting ready to bail out of work and head to Portland for the USGP of Cyclocross. This week has been nuts. I had plans to leave midday today and carpool with teammates but given some work developments I couldn't take the day off, so Wednesday I decided to skip it. Then last night I started thinking about how much I really wanted to go. The problem is that I have to drop off the dog in Olympia by 7 for dog-sitting, but can't leave work until 6. Ugh. Finally today I said, "Screw it!", ran home, packed my shit, grabbed the dog, and headed back to work.

So, I'm hoping to leave now and get to Olympia by 7. At least the doggie sitters are willing to wait for a bit if I'm late. I'll definitely post some updates once I get down there. How can I stay home when Portland is forecasting mud, snow, wind, and rain?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Right now we are borrowing huge amounts of money from China to buy huge amounts of oil from the most unstable region of the world, and to bring it here and burn it in ways that destroy the habitability of the planet. That is nuts! We have to change every aspect of that."