Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My dog is trying to kill me

Well, I broke my nose today. Yup, that's right. I wish I could say I did it in a gnarly cyclocross crash or something, but of course I don't work that way.

I was getting ready to take Jake out on his morning walk and leaned over him to clip on his leash. At exactly the same time my less than graceful cat jumped onto the bathroom counter, knocked over a ton of stuff, and scared the dog. He jumped...right into my nose with his head.

After the pain subsided I went about my day but stayed home from work because my head and my eyes hurt so bad. I'm still having difficulty looking at a computer screen. Later in the afternoon I stopped by my doc's office and she confirmed the break. I guess it's pretty minor and I'm lucky to say that I've been spared excessive swelling and bruising so far. If you look at my nose, you can't even tell it's broken aside from a tiny bit of swelling on the bridge. I really hope I don't wake up tomorrow all black and blue.

Current score is Jake 2, me 0.

1 comment:

Toddman said...

ouch. sorry.