Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm back baby!

I actually hopped on the Ruby today for a big whoppin' 3-mile spin around the neighborhood -- woo! When I haven't ridden the Ruby in months, the first time back on brings tears to my eyes. I can think of only one word: butter. Damn that bike rides smoothly. Of course, I have to remember how twitchy it is, meaning very light and very responsive vs. a 27-lb single speed or 30-lb aluminum Giant with full fenders, tools, lights, and various commuting necessities.

My lungs feel good, the cough is gone, and my legs actually don't feel too bad either. Just wait until North Shore this Saturday. Those 100 miles I put in over the winter along with the last three weeks of rest (i.e. pneumonia) have me poised for victory.

My mom always tells me my sarcasm sucks.

No comments: