Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stupid cold

For the third year in a row, I got started on my bike training plan, then got promptly derailed by the cold from hell. Friday I had a 103 temp and spent the evening in bed, but felt good enough by Saturday that I ended up riding 60+ miles over the weekend. By Sunday night I was down and out and I've spent nearly 48 hours in bed since then. I haven't even been out of the house since Sunday night. Pathetic.

I don't do well with serious disruptions to my routine, so I really can't wait to get back to work tomorrow. I'm finally starting to feel better this evening, so hopefully I'm on the downside of this crap. I really want to get back on the bike and back in the gym and get going! Sunday is the Big Climb for Leukemia, but if I'm not 100% better, I think I'll be bowing out.

I checked the calendar and can't believe racing starts at PR next Tuesday evening. I think I will start going down there again since racing with the Cat 4 men will get my butt in shape pretty quickly. I need all the help I can get at this point!

No comments: