Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Crazy bike commuters

Oh yeah, and I nearly got killed this morning getting onto the I-90 bike path. I never understand people who ride with their head down when they're coming around a blind corner. I was heading down to the bridge deck from the west side, and this guy was coming up the hill around the corner. He was totally head down, trying to shift his gears, veering all the way across the path. I started yelling, "Hey! Hey! Watch out!" He paid no attention and I squeezed as far as I could to the right, nearly going into the bushes while he just went right by. Once he passed me he nearly jumped right off his bike he was so startled. Idiot.

And I think stoked made an interesting comment on her blog a while back about using headlights during the day. What's up with that? This morning at 8am I passed four bike commuters with headlights blazing. It's the middle of the day folks! Save some energy for the rest of the world.

I'm done now.

No comments: