Monday, April 07, 2008

This is going to get expensive...

Premature gray runs in my family so I've been dying my hair all sorts of funky colors for a while now. Usually I go with bright red highlighting, which eventually turns my naturally black auburn hair to a very blondish brown. My gray streaks tend to turn pinkish, so between those, the brown, and the red, I had a disaster of rainbow colors going on.

Tonight was my much anticipated appointment at Vain. I've never had my hair professionally colored, so I was really looking forward to this. Carissa did an absolutely awesome job with my color, considering how horrible it looked when I went in. Then I had it topped off with a kickass cut.

The red highlighting she did looks so bright and awesome! But what's really shocking me about the whole thing isn't the red, it's that the rest of my hair looks so close to my real natural color. It's been years since my hair has been this dark! The red: not shocking. The black: shocking! Go figure. I love it, which means more expensive hair maintenance in my future.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That's awesome Chris!

Unknown said...

The pictures look great. My first thought was "this girl loves our cycling team's colors for 2008".

Elizabeth said...

Hmm, upon further reflection I think you should get Jake highlighted to match. :-D

grepgirl said...

I would LOVE to get Jake highlighted to match! That would rock!

Random Menace said...

Speaking as a father, "How much does it cost?". I have a middle-schooler bugging me for highlights and I'm afraid to know the answer.