Monday, May 26, 2008

Dos Equis!

Current drink count:

Margaritas: 3
Dos Equis: 5
Miami Vice: 3
Some weird fruit cocktail thing with a mega hit of alcohol: 1

Today was beach day and this morning I spent a few hours lounging and reading, then hit the town for some browsing and shopping. Met a nice guy named Julio who had iguanas, one of which was the biggest I'd ever seen. He took my picture and then asked me to go to Acapulco. Haha! Everyone here is very nice and outgoing, especially the locals.

I visited a very small Mayan ruin area in Playacar, then rented a jetski and cruised around for about an hour. While I was walking back through town all of a sudden a Policia stopped and said, "Una momento senorita." Talk about a mini heart attack. The Policia here have machine guns, so I was a bit nervous. Turns out he was very friendly and just wanted to check out my tattoo, haha!

We talked for a few minutes and when I told him I had plans to rent a car to drive to Coba, he said, "Caution! Jungle! Tarantula!" Grrrrreat. Apparently the road has tarantula crossings, no shit. I can't wait for this one.

Right now I'm listening to an awesome mariachi band, drinking margarita #4, and watching wild cats run around. Olé!

P.S. How many iguanas can you count in that photo? Hint: The big one I'm holding isn't the only one :)

More pics from today!

No comments: