Friday, May 23, 2008

Peace at last. Now on to Mexico!

I feel like I'm finally at peace with a lot of things that have been happening lately, and it's a relief. The movers finally showed up and my mom is unpacking and settling in. My friend with terminal cancer visited Seattle and is now on her way to Alaska. She's always dreamed of going, so I'm happy that she's able to make the trip. My ex-boyfriend and I had a wonderful night of dinner, drinks, and conversation, and I finally resolved a great many unanswered questions. Maybe we'll be together again, but probably not. And you know what? That's ok, because there are a ton of awesome guys out there, and I enjoy the time I spend with him as friends.

I've had a chance to reacquaint myself with softball, do some mountain biking, and of course, have a few awesome crashes. I misjudged a skinny at the Colonnade Wednesday and crashed pretty hard. Shin armor has got to be the best invention ever, though unfortunately it didn't protect my butt.

Tiger was wet and slick as shit Thursday. I was bombing down a part of Iverson, probably having one of my best rides, when I hit a log at less than a 90-degree angle. It's amazing how quickly you hit the ground when you do something stupid like that. Again, armor is my friend, but I think my thigh and shoulder will be sore for a bit. A guy a little ways back rode up to make sure I was ok. We laughed for a bit, then rode the rest of the way out together. He was very cool, very nice, and hot to boot! We set up a "mountain biking date". How dorky eh? It's about time I hook up with one of these hot mountain bikers. Damn I love Tiger!

I'm counting down the days until I jet to Mexico -- woo! I leave Sunday morning for Playa del Carmen in the Yucatan. I'll be hitting Chichen Itza, Tulum, and a few other Mayan ruins as well as chilling on the beach, getting a tan, and checking out Cozumel. I've wanted to go for so long that I almost can't believe I'm doing it!

Things are settling, life is returning to normal, and it's awesome. I guess a few weeks off can do wonders eh?

No comments: