Tuesday, November 21, 2006

672 at Sunlani!

I realized I have yet to say anything about bowling, which is funny since it's always been my #1 sport! I've been bowling since I was 5. At one point I was a PWBA regional bowler and very nearly went to Australia for a USA Bowling exchange program. For some reason or another I just got burned out on the sport and it wasn't fun anymore so I "retired" for a few years, then finally got back to it when I moved to Seattle in 2000. Since then I've bowled the Northend General league at Leilani Lanes, which is the men's high-roller league. There's a few of us gals in the league keeping the guys in check :) Unfortunately Leilani got bulldozed last year so our league was moved to Robin Hood Lanes in Edmonds for this year's season.

I've been struggling up there since the league started in September. Most of the league bowlers have averages in the 220+ range and most everyone started out the first few weeks of the league 50+ pins under. It was brutal! I went from a 192 average last year to a 148 this year. Yeah, that's pretty sad. I've now managed to come up to a 168, which is still pretty sad. The shot at Robin Hood is just tough. Don't get me started on the whole science of bowling, but trust me, there's more to it than just throwing your ball down the lane.

I also bowl Monday nights at "Sunlani", aka. Sunset Bowl. The owners installed all of the equipment from Leilani, so Sunset has Leilani's lanes, pinsetters, pins, etc. I bowl great at Sunset, which is to be expected since if I close my eyes it feels like Leilani. Last night I rolled a 672 series, which is my best of the season and I think my best series since my 763 on my birthday last year. Woo! It felt great to roll well since Robin Hood has been such a struggle lately.

Our team took all of our points last night so I think we won the first trimester of the league. Yeah...instant entry for the finals baby! :)

No comments: