Thursday, November 16, 2006

Flat season

The weather was gorgeous Wednesday so I decided to ride the bike (as in bicycle) to work for the first time in a while. As I was riding down Rainier Ave all I could think about was how horribly out of shape I was! Here I was barely going 15 when I normally go at least 19 or 20 with a little effort. Sure, I'm on my old aluminum bike with my old shoes and SPD mountain biking pedals, but seriously! As I headed into Renton it seemed I was working harder and harder and going slower and slower.

About a mile from my work I heard the tell-tale "clink" sound that only comes from your wheel rim hitting a bump in the road. Yup...I looked down and my damn rear tire was pancake flat again. One of these days I will figure out that riding with flat tires really doesn't do much for your ego! This is the second flat in nearly as many days, which tells me I'm due for new tires and tubes. Seems that last winter's riding really took a toll on my bike. So, I'm off to Center Cycle over lunch to drop some $$$ on the old aluminum Giant. I guess it needs a little love.

No comments: