Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The amazing Pooh

My little Siamese, Pooh Bear, is successfully recovering from her "dental surgery" last Thursday. She had a few teeth removed due to periodontal disease and cavities. The vet assured me she would feel much better and happier once the teeth were gone. I picked her up last Friday expecting a doped-up sedated cat but she didn't even act like she had been through any kind of traumatic ordeal. I had four teeth removed a few years ago before I had braces and it took me nearly two weeks to function normally again. The kittie is fine after 24 hours. Animals are amazing. The only challenging part now is getting her to take her meds. Cats just love having a syringe full of medication jammed down their throat.

My co-worker showed me this picture of his Alaska buddy's bike. I swear I'm going to get one of these suckers for next winter. Next time we have a horrible blizzard that blankets the city in a whole half-inch of snow I'll be ready....

No comments: