Monday, February 26, 2007

Chilly Hilly 2007

This past week I was on a recovery week in my training. I was supposed to log easy miles but this is the first week in about 2 months I logged nearly 0. I wish I could say I didn't feel guilty! Ah well. Racing starts next weekend (!) so I'm trying to convince myself I was enjoying my last break for a while.

Marcus helped me get Polar Power installed on my Giant yesterday so it was all set up and ready for Chilly Hilly today. I love new toys! This is the first time in the four years I've done Chilly Hilly that it rained a bit, but the ride was fun. Marcus and I actually rode together most of the way this year. He still finished before I did, but not by much. If I wasn't riding that 30-lb Giant monster he would have surely been in trouble.

I love doing Chilly Hilly just to see all the fun people out riding. I saw a boy who couldn't have been more than 12 riding a unicycle, an incredibly fit guy motoring up the hills on a recumbent, and a bike messenger bitching out his buddy for convincing him to ride on a fixed gear - that was funny! As always, the residents were accomodating, the riders were friendly and nice, and the whole ride was a great time.

The power data I got back seemed fairly reasonable so now I'll have to get to training with all the new info! I should be back to riding this week and getting ready for IceBreaker on Sunday. Ah, nothing like kicking off the race season with a good 'ole time trial. Damn I hate those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw some dude on a leopard-spotted bike with at least 100 lbs of bags of crap on it. He was flying a huge skull and cross bones flag. Too funny.