Friday, February 09, 2007

Bees are bad

Unfortunately I've been so busy at work this week I had to skip the gym both Wednesday and today. That sucks. My schedule should be back to normal next week and the pain can resume! I did manage to get all my rides in this week and put in a great time trial effort on the trainer last night.

I didn't fell well at all this morning so I stayed in bed for a while and got some extra sleep. Marcus had to work late for a post and didn't get in until 3 so I figured between him waking me up and me going to bed at 1:30 I was just tired. Shortly after Marcus left for work I got up, noticed I was itchy, and realized why I was feeling so bad. Hives! Sadly, I have lots of experience with these damn things but I usually have them after taking some type of medication that's not on my known list of 20 things I'm allergic to. Since I'm not taking any meds I was a bit perplexed.

The only thing I could remotely think of was the protein powder I took last night. I deviated from my normal powder and decided to try a little sample of some stuff I got from PCC. As soon as I checked the label and saw "bee pollen" I got a little suspicious. I've survived an unbelievable 31 years without ever having been stung by a bee, so I guess I need to keep that streak going. I took some Benadryl, went back to bed, and now I'm back at work feeling mildly hungover. Guess I won't be taking the PCC powder anymore. Good times!

1 comment:

KayseaLove said...

Yeah, Benadryl does a marvelous job at making us sleep, and taking the hives away... but as for early morning alertness- forget about it. That stuff is the anti-caffine.