Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bad dog

I usually take Jake out in the morning before work and exercise him for a bit. If I don't he gets mischevious and finds things to destroy around the house. Luckily we're remodeling so he can't get into too much that concerns us. Yeah, you know where this story is going.

I went to Performance over the weekend and stocked up on bicycle tubes, Luna bars, water bottles, and got some new racing tires. The first thing I saw today when I got home from work was a big black Lab cowering in the corner and shredded Performance Bicycle bags on the floor. As soon as I yelled, "Jake! What did you do?", he immediately rolled over with that "have mercy on me" look. I knew I shouldn't have left that stuff in the living room.

Scattered in the debris were TONS of Luna bar wrappers. Somehow he managed to woof down boxes of S'mores bars and not eat the wrappers. There goes $30 and my race season supply of nutrition. I think the bicycle tubes managed to survive and he only seemed interested in shredding the cardboard boxes they were in. I guess I have to blow them all up now and submerge them in water to be sure. One of my nice new $50 racing tires bit the dust. One is still ok I think. I'd rather not find out when I'm going 40mph downhill. I'm glad I took out the 6 new water bottles I bought and put them in the cupboard last night. He would have had a field day with those. What a little shit.

And unfortunately since the Luna bars were chocolate, a little shit is not what I have. He's leaving Luna bars all over the neighborhood. It's disgusting. Bad dog.

No comments: