Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Can I bring back the sun?

I flew out of Seattle on Sunday to meet my dad and stepmom for a mini-vacation in Tucson. I've always wanted to visit the area and I picked a perfect time of year. Every day has been gorgeous, sunny, and 60+. Can I bring the sun back to Seattle? I don't think I realized how much I've missed it....I could sit outside for hours and soak it up. The first night we drove up Catalina Mountain Dr and the saguaro cactus with the nearly full moon was the stuff of postcards. Check out these awesome pics!

The only bummer is that I managed to pick up Marcus' nasty cold just in time to get on the plane Sunday. Yesterday I was miserable with a fever, head cold, and all the nasties. We opted to do the local tourist thing and check out the Sonora Desert Museum, drive some of the scenic routes, and tour the San Xavier del Bac mission. Luckily I woke up feeling much better today and managed a 6-mi hike in the Sabino Canyon Rec Area. I still feel semi-crappy, but I'm on vacation so I have to ignore it.

I'm just bummed I didn't get to rent a mountain bike and hit the local trails. My dad and stepmom are dropping me off at a swanky Phoenix resort tomorrow night on their way out of town so I'm hoping I can rent a bike there and hit the trails. I know, resort sounds so poshy, but I got a great rate on Expedia and it's right at the base of hiking / biking trails. Since I don't have a car down here I don't have to go anywhere to get out. Perfect!

No comments: