Sunday, January 28, 2007

Let there be light!

I had a pretty low key weekend celebrating my big fat 31st. Can I really be that old? Frieky. We had a nice dinner at Chandler's Crab House and Marcus got me Polar Power for my birthday. My man rocks! Now I can train with power and get my legs really cranking -- saweet!

Since I've been doing quite a bit of night riding I shelled out the dough yesterday for a CygoLite 300. I've been using Marcus' little CygoLite since he doesn't use it, but found out the hard way that it doesn't keep a charge for much more than an hour and a half. I ran out of light Thursday night north of Coulon while headed to Bellevue. Fun! I was impressed with Marcus' light so I bought it's bigger, badder, brighter older brother. If you're looking for a kick-ass light, this is definitely a winner. I can light up the entire Burke-Gilman on just the medium-low setting.

Right now I'm hoping I haven't developed a new knee issue. I got a new pair of winter riding shoes and did a crappy job putting on the cleats, so that could be the culprit. I got the cleats adjusted but I keep having some pain in my left knee when I bike. I skipped the team ride this weekend to give it some rest and did a light south lake loop ride instead. It felt great yesterday but gave me issues on my ride tonight. I'm not sure if it's a new injury from biking, a strain from the cleats, or a leftover issue from my motorcycle crash. I hope it goes away fast.

No comments: