Sunday, January 07, 2007

What happened to the busy weekend?

The plan for the weekend was supposed to be:

Saturday morning: Zoka team ride.
Sunday morning: Women's ride in Leschi
Sunday afternoon: Zoka women's skills clinic

What happened? None of the above. I woke up Saturday still feeling crappy from the cold and after seeing it a bit frosty out again I bailed on the team ride. Turned out to be a good decision I think as I heard several people hit the deck trying to ride on slick roads. I woke up feeling much better today but unfortunately the weather didn't seem the best to ride in so I stayed home this morning.

The biggest bummer was that I had to end up cancelling our Zoka women's skills clinic that was planned this afternoon. I was really looking forward to getting all of the gals together but after consulting with Gina we decided that learning how to paceline and corner are hard enough for newbies without 30+ mph winds. So...postponed till next weekend. I guess I ended up with a few extra days to recover, but man I gotta get back on the bike soon. It's been a week already! The weather tomorrow looks promising so I think I'll just commute to work.

No comments: