Monday, January 15, 2007

F**** Ouch!

My work subsidizes a gym membership over at Pure Fitness so a few months ago I signed on since I quit seeing Joe downtown at Headquarters. I figured I'd just stick to my workout plan on my own but I just wasn't getting the same quality workout and my motivation started sliding. I get caught up at work and then all of a sudden it's 5pm and I didn't get to the gym and now it's too late so I'll go tomorrow and then the same thing happens the next day.

While I was doing a workout there last week a trainer approached me and helped me out with a few exercises. I have to admit that I'm a bit skeptical about most trainers but the guy seemed really cool and had a lot of great energy so I ended up signing up on a 6-week training plan with him. I went for my first session today and I'm absolutely surprised and excited about how badly I got worked. I went in there seriously doubting the quality of the plan I'd get and I got my butt kicked all over the place. I had the best upper body workout I've probably had in a long time. I'm excited that I'm going M/W/F every week! Now if only I could raise my arms so I could type....

No comments: