Thursday, January 04, 2007

From sun to....snow!?

I got back to Seattle today and shortly after getting home I walked outside with the dog and saw some weird sleetish/snow combination falling to the ground. I have to say that given I was in 60-degree sunshine a few hours prior I was a little bummed. But, it's nice to be home. I still get all warm and fuzzy when I get back to Seattle, even if it's not warm and fuzzy outside.

While waiting to board my flight in Phoenix an America West flight attendant that frequently flies the Phoenix - Seattle route enlightened me with his humorous description of Seattleites. He said it's always obvious who lives in Seattle and who doesn't. Apparently you look for the following:
  • Environmentally friendly clothing colors. Shades of dark green, beige, brown, or gray and of course any type of khaki that blends in with the Seattle gray.
  • Hiking boots, clogs, or something resembling a hiking boot / clog combination.
  • Luggage disguised as a backpacking pack.
  • Some type of weird, funky, strangely colored bag, hat, or accessory.
  • Usually has coffee.
Then I looked down at myself and took inventory. Let's see....dark brown furry clogs. Beige hoodie thing. Orange patchwork Prana bag (i.e. the hippie bag). Oh yeah, and my carry-on is my Lowe Alpine backpack. Luckily, I had just finished the rest of my mocha and tossed the cup in the recycle bin. I would have thought the flight attendant was making fun of me until I looked around and saw about 6-7 similarly attired people. Weird.

No comments: