Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Back to work

We had a mellow, relaxing weekend in Spokane. It's always nice to get out of town for a little while. Of course, the entire time we were there I had to hear Marcus say "The weather is great, we should be on the bike." Haha. I've been doing a lot of training so for me it's nice to take a break every once in a while.

There was no Monday workout this week at Headquarters so I feel like it's a vacation! I was eager to hop on the bike and rode to work Monday but was a little bummed to find that my legs weren't exactly cooperative. Last time I took a weekend off I felt great, but not this time. I guess that's what I get for not stretching or spinning out my legs for a few days. They were tight and it felt as if I hadn't used them in a year. At least I faired better on the ride home.

I hopped on the bike today a little relunctantly after my less than stellar ride yesterday but ended up quite surprised with my ride around Mercer Island. For the first time ever I averaged 20mph all on my own for the entire loop! My legs felt amazing! I swear that in just the three weeks I've been at Headquarters I can feel such a difference. It seems that I'm expending the same effort I did a month ago but going 2-3mph faster. Rock on! And to think I almost stayed home to watch the Mavs/Heat game. Hey, at least I caught the last quarter.

No comments: